Thursday 25 October 2012

Newborn fox hat and nappy cover


Ta da! I managed to partially recreate something I found on Pinterest *yay me!* I had an hour to kill thismorning whilst waiting for a client so I sat in the park and made the hat...then this arvo I worked up the nappy cover and the tail! Hoorah! Another cute little crochet doodad to add to my ever growing photography prop collection ^.^ I just kind of made it up as I went (except for the nappy cover...I use THIS pattern for that bit) It was pretty straight forward...I've nailed newborn hat sizings with most hooks and yarn sizes which is a plus, the ears are a touch too big but that's probably just the perfectionist in me talking and the tail was just a matter of increasing and decreasing in the right places. Please don't ask me for the pattern though...as much as I would LOVE to write it all up and share it with you I don't want to infringe on anybody's copyright.

If you're crochet-savvy I'm sure you can work it out...as I said, it's pretty straight forward and you can give it your own personal touch :o) I could probably have worked the tail in sc to hide the filling....but I hate sc. I really do.

As for my collection, I'm quite happily making and crocheting away expanding that..I'm trying my best to keep my bits and pieces original, searching for unique yarns and things to give them a personal touch but on the odd occasion that I find something (such as on Pinterest) that is just too damn adorable I have to make it too ^.^ And speaking of yarn, I have 2 beautiful balls of blue/green Poems Sock Yarn on the way as well as a GORGEOUS 'Lucy Pack' of acrylic yarns with colours inspired by the beautiful Attic24 that Daina (hi Daina!!!) snaffled up and set aside for me! SQUEEEEEE


Yarn... I heart yarn.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tash *waves!!* It's on it's way - such yarny goodnes, can't wait to see what you make of it :) LOVE the fox prop - too cute! (btw I hate sc too, it sux) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what I want to make with it, it's all so purrrty I might just put it in a frame and admire it lol decisions decisions decisions!

      Delete
  2. I love it! That is something I would so put on my baby when I have one! I love foxes so much! they are so cute and I love the hat and nappy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley :) It's super adorable..... darn Pinterest and all it's adorable things MAKE ALLLLL THE CROCHET muwahahahahaha

      Delete
  3. Do you like Pinterest? I like it, but just don't have the time to pin stuff. That is so awesome, perfect color for the holidays. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Pinterest yes :)
      hehe I'm in Australia, we're going into Summer here not Autumn..

      Thanks for following me ^.^

      Delete
  4. I've been following you for a few weeks now........my mom has made some of the things you have posted....I forward her the links. We tried out the hats on my daughter today....so cute. I put the link to your site in my blog post today. Check it out!http://sadieloohoo.blogspot.ca/2012/10/halloween-hat.html
    Connie from Sadieloohoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch of bananas for the comments lovelies! I sure do appreciate it you spunky thing you :o)